This work shares very practical results of the BD-Institute’s 2008 Research Project on Proposal Writing Capability, funded by BAE Systems Electronics and Integrated Solutions in Nashua, NH. This book comprises the study’s final report, providing a guide to industry best practice in five areas:
- How to optimize proposal development steps
- What automation tools and strategies work best
- How best to organize teams and use consultants
- What training approaches offer maximum impact
- How to enable winning performance in your organization
This report describes the study framework, criteria for identifying benchmark practices, over 180 benchmark practices, and the success factors that relate directly to the benchmarks. Guidance is provided for application the benchmarks in a variety of environments and settings.The study establishes an end state for world-class proposal writing capabilities that can help organizations improve the efficiency and effectiveness of all types of proposal writing activities.